Eventuri Carbon Fibre Intake System - Audi B9 S4 | S5
Fitting Available - Please email firstname.lastname@example.org for a quote.
AUDI B9 S4 S5
Performance Gain: 13-17hp, 15-20ft-lb
V-Box Acceleration : 60-130mph Reduced By 0.5 Seconds
The Audi B9 S4/S5 Eventuri intake was developed to give less restrictive airflow to the turbo whilst maintaining low inlet temperatures. The S5/S4 engine bay becomes heat soaked very quickly so simply having an open cone system would result in better airflow but with higher inlet temperatures. We therefore completely re-engineered the inlet track from the turbo inlet pipe to the front grill with a highly efficient sealed system. The restrictive stock airbox and flexible plastic inlet pipe have been replaced with a Venturi filter housing and a duct system with smooth transitions. Furthermore, by removing the convoluted stock inlet pipe and replacing it with our one-piece Venturi housing and solid tube, the airflow is much smoother as it enters the turbo inlet tube. The resulting performance gains and aesthetics are industry leading for this platform.
The Eventuri Difference
The B9 S4/S5 Eventuri system uses our Patent Pending Carbon fibre Housings with our bespoke Gen-2 filter which provide an aerodynamically efficient airflow path from the filter to the inlet tubes. Not just another cone filter with a heat shield but a unique design which invokes the Venturi affect.
The intake was tested on the road using a Vbox unit to record the acceleration from 60-130mph (also 100-200Km/h). Testing was carried out on the same stretch of road - again on the same day to keep variables minimum. Results show that with just the intake added, the acceleration times from 60-130mph reduced by almost 0.5 seconds which is a significant improvement at such speeds. This demonstrates that the gains measured on the Dyno are not represenatative of how the intake performs on the road when it has the correct flow conditions - on the road the intake shows a larger gain by the reduction in acceleration times as compared to the Dyno.
Acceleration results summary:
- 60-130mph with Stock intake = 14.72 seconds
- 60-130mph with Eventuri intake = 14.24 seconds
- 100-200Km/h with Stock intake = 12.45 seconds
- 100-200Km/h with Eventuri intake = 12.12 seconds
The gains are from a combination of reasons:
1) The sealed system keeps IATs low - especially with the front air scoop which forces air into the system.
2) The Venturi housing provides a smooth transition from the filter to the intake tube with no convoluted rubber section. This helps the turbo to run more efficiently by maintaining laminar flow in the inlet track.
3) The entire system is constructed from pure pre-preg carbon fibre which is great at insulating from heat.