Eventuri Carbon Fibre Intake System - Porsche 911 (991) Turbo | Turbo S
Fitting Available - Please email firstname.lastname@example.org for a quote.
PORSCHE 991 TURBO
Acceleration Time : 60-130mph Reduced By 0.2 seconds
Fitment: Porsche 991.1 991.2 Turbo, Turbo S
The 991 Turbo Eventuri intake system was developed through extensive real world testing with the aim of allowing the turbos to work more efficiently. By replacing the single stock airbox with individual patented Venturi filter housings, the turbos are able to spool and generate boost with less drag. As a result, the wastegate duty cycles are reduced resulting in peak boost at lower RPM and therefore performance is increased. The two individual filters provide a larger filtration area as compared to the single stock panel filter. Furthermore, in order to keep inlet air temperatures down, the Venturi housings are sealed against an air duct which draws ambient air from the same location as the stock system. Since the 911 Turbo engine bay is densely packed, high IATs can only be avoided by ensuring a fully sealed intake system. The combination of a smoother airflow path to each turbo with low IATs results in higher performance and a sharper throttle response over the stock airbox.
The Eventuri Difference
The 911 Turbo Eventuri system uses our Patented Carbon Fibre Housings with our Gen 2 bespoke filters, which provide an aerodynamically efficient airflow path from the filter to the turbos. Not just another cone filter with a heat shield but a unique design which invokes the Venturi affect and maintains laminar flow conditions to reduce the drag on the turbo.
The intake was tested on the road using a Vbox unit to record the acceleration from 60-130mph . Testing was carried out on the same stretch of road - again on the same day to keep variables minimum. Results show that with just the intake added - on stock software, the acceleration times from 60-130mph reduced by 0.2 seconds which is a significant improvement at such speeds.
Acceleration results summary:
- 60-130mph with Stock intake = 8.04 seconds
- 60-130mph with Eventuri intake = 7.83 seconds
The gains are from a combination of reasons:
1) Individual Venturi Housings separate the flow path for each turbo allowing them to work more efficiently.
2) The Venturi housings provide a smooth transition from the filter to the intake tubes keeping airflow laminar.
3) Intake air temperatures are kept to a minimum by ensuring a sealed system to prevent pulling in heated engine bay air.
The Eventuri 991 Turbo intake system consists of a number of components engineered to perform a specific purpose and fabricated to the highest of standards. Here are the details for each component and the design ethos behind them:
Each intake system consists of:
- 2 x Carbon Fiber Venturi Housings with Integrated Tubes
- 2 x Bespoke High Flow Generation 2 Filters
- 2 x Aluminium Inlet Cowls
- Carbon Fiber inlet duct
- Laser Cut Stainless Steel bracket work